As an on-use trinket with no passive agility, the Kiroptic Sigil may not seem all that appealing. It also does not compare favorably on spreadsheets with other trinkets this tier (as Frostheim discusses here). However, it ends up being better than we might first expect.
The trinket’s on-use cooldown of 2,290 agility for 15 seconds every 1.5 minutes makes it remarkably useful this tier.
- Zon’ozz: The cd lines up very well with black phases where the boss takes extra damage.
- Yor’sahj: The cd is nice for adds and, being pure agility, works well for both the faceless packs and the Mana Voids.
- Hagara: The cooldown matches up perfectly with Hagara’s phases, allowing you to use it every time she enters her increased-damage-taken stuns at the end of a lightning or frost phase.
- Spine: The trinket is simply great for tendons.
- Madness: The trinket is good here again for when you need added burst, be it on bolts or Blistering Tentacles.
These fight-specific uses—and the advantage of being able to stack the trinket with other cooldowns—make the Kiroptic Sigil better than a spreadsheet might suggest. However, the very idiosyncracies that make the sigil useful also make it hard to compare to other trinkets. At the very least I would say that you want this trinket for progression on Spine because having the burst for the tendons is a great asset to have (particularly for SV).