The 4.3.2 patch notes have been updated and there are a bunch of welcome changes.
Let’s start with the new hunter-specific notes:
- Aspect of the Hawk now grants roughly 35% more attack power.
- Deterrence now also reduces damage taken by 30% while active.
- Black Arrow now ticks every 2 seconds for 20 seconds, as opposed to every 3 seconds for 15 seconds. The total damage dealt by the ability is unchanged.
The AotH buff suggests that Blizzard believes that hunters are a bit below where they should be; however, the buff seems to preserve Blizzard’s intention that AotH be a set value rather than a percentage that adjusts with gear. The Deterrence change is pretty nice for both PVE and PVP and will be great for for things like the burst AoE on Blackhorn and not dying as easily to dots while Deterrence is up. A Black Arrow buff was announced earlier, but the form it has taken is particularly nice since it increases both the frequency and the duration of the dot. This does not increase the damage of the dot itself, but it does greatly increase BA’s chance of proc’ing Lock and Load.
femaledwarf.com already reflects the 4.3.2 changes. Zeherah makes the assumption, I think rightly, that the AotH buff will be applied to the baseline ability rather than on top of the IAtoH bonuses. This results in a 700ap gain. The AotH and BA changes together amounted to a 2k dps boost for me at Femaledwarf. The BA change is responsible for most of it, suggesting that SV’s in-practice lead over the other specs will only increase.
- Vengeance is no longer triggered by receiving damage from other players.
Wow, yes. This is a welcome nerf that will return tank specs to being just tank specs inPVP rather than juggernauts that both deal as much damage as dps and have insane survivability.
- Fireball damage has been reduced by roughly 6%.
- Pyroblast damage has been reduced by roughly 6%.
We all saw that coming.
- Players can no longer win multiple copies of the same item on a single Raid Finder boss kill. For example, a player who chooses Need on two set piece tokens or two weapons and wins the first, will not be eligible for the second on that particular boss.
Another welcome and needed change to the Raid Finder’s loot system.