The new tames are a fun diversion but I can’t say I’m an expert on them. What can the players who are experts tell us? Read on after the break for a list of resources on the new tames.
If you are interested in the new tames I very much recommend checking out the resources below. The information in them can make a tame that would kill you into an exercise barely more difficult than taming a normal beast.
- Petopia index to the new tames
- Wowhead lists of the new spiders and the new spirit beasts
- Wowhead links to Skarr and Karkin
- a map of the Molten Front spawn points
- Lethotix’s taming strategies for the new spawns
- Garwulf’s compiled taming strategies for the new spawns
- Petopia forums search
All of these resources should be useful, but there’s a few things I’d like to note about them. The map does not include the paths of moving mobs; so Kirix, for example, does not just sit still on his dot. Lethotix’s taming strategies work but do not include alternative methods, such as Haste stacking to beat target cast times. For such alternative methods I heartily recommend searches on the Petopia forums and checking out the Wowhead comments on the spawn you’re after.
Big thanks to Petopia, Wowhead and their users who have contributed so much to the knowledge base on these spawns.