I was playing around with Zeherah’s online dps modeler and found that four pieces of ilvl 352 Bloodthirsty pvp gear were better for my dps than the pieces of ilvl 346 pve gear I had equipped. This was true for all three specs (an SV dungeon build, an MM dungeon build and a standard BM build) that I ran through the modeler. The difference ranged from a few hundred dps (MM) to several hundred dps (SV) for me. Your mileage may vary, though, so I offer this post only as an encouragement to check out the merits of the pvp set gear for yourself at Zeherah’s site.
- The pvp set bonuses are part of what push the gear ahead and so don’t be surprised if dungeon gear outperforms the pvp gear on a one-for-one basis.
- SV will likely receive a much higher boost from the pvp gear for you than other specs. I believe this follows from (1) having the gloves equipped, which reduce Black Arrow’s cooldown by
fourtwo seconds and (2) SV’s 15% bonus to agility, which takes greater advantage of the higher level of agility from the pvp gear.
- Incidentally, the pvp gloves’ trap cooldown reduction makes it quite easy to run (though maybe not start) chained traps on three mobs at once as SV. Crazy. Regardless of spec, the gloves give you an extra edge on CC.
Edit: Commenters have noted that the tooltip for the ilvl 365 pvp set gloves has the trap cooldown reduction at two seconds as opposed to the ilvl 352 gloves’ four second reduction. I only have the ilvl 352 gloves and so can only say that those gloves do reduce the trap (including Black Arrow) cooldown by four seconds. Edit of Edit: After a hotfix, the ilvl 352 gloves trap cooldown reduction is two seconds, the same as the ilvl 365 pvp set gloves.
- You’ll lose a lot of secondary stat itemization to Resilience even as your agility leaps up.
- Remember to adjust your hit via reforging when comparing gear.
- Keep an eye on your haste. The lost itemization may force it below a softcap and change up your rotation.