This encounter is incredibly easy. Both bosses hit like holy priests, and if you can clear to Yogg in Ulduar, you can faceroll one shot them. The Twin Val’kyr are the last intended challenge in the Trial of the Crusader raid (of course there is another one being released next week).
The fight sounds much more complex than it is. Here are the salient points:
- Lightbane (the white one) and Darkbane (the dark one) share a health pool.
- Half the raid will attack each of them.
- The half attacking Lightbane needs to click on a dark portal to get a dark aura, and collect the dark orbs wandering around the fight.
- The half attacking Darkbane needs to click on a light portal to get a light aura, and collect the light orbs wandering around the fight.
- Every so often, one of the halves of the raid will have to change aura colors by clicking on a portal and DPS the other boss. This is due to that fact that they will cast a shield on themselves that, if not quickly broken through, means a large heal for them. They also cast a vortex that will kill anyone who has the wrong aura when it goes off. Just make sure you follow deadly boss mods and switch if you need to.
That’s literally it. If you screw up, the margin for error is enormous. We got this down ridiculously quickly our first attempt- all DPS is enormously magnified by the stacking buffs that collecting the floating orbs gives you, and there’s very little raid damage and almost no tank damage to heal.
For positioning, I would suggest you stand on a wall closest to the portal you’ll need to click on next- this allows you to pick up orbs when they spawn, as well as switch DPS when they do their special attacks. I’m at a loss for what else to write about. This is almost too easy to be fun.